Friday, December 14, 2012

Joan Fontcuberta 3








Assignment 11: 3rd set of Joan Fontcuberta series. My goal this week was to reach multiple aspects of Fontcerbeta's photography in one set. From the previous two weeks, I developed an eye to look for the kind of things Fontcuberta would photograph. Instead of focusing on just one aspect, I tried to include them all. I tried to find peculiar, weird, funny and unusual objects/scenes with and undermining message. In addition, I did a lot of editing and made a lot of decisions on how to position/what to do to have less distractions. I hoped that once I eliminated the majority of the distractions, it would be easier to recognize the humor and philosophy in the photographs. I took the photos with multiple backgrounds to see which ones would best enhance the humor and philosophy I wanted to portray. I also used common photography methods in order to make the photos more visually pleasing. I experimented with angles, reflections, hanging objects, leading lines, and other general tools to improve the quality of my photos. Additionally, I decided which photos would be best in black and white or color to best portray my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,
    your second to last photo is just fantastic! The mirroring of the building in the water looks flawless! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete