Monday, March 18, 2013

Personal Series 4






Assignment 18: 4th draft of personal series. This week was a continuation of our personal series. I continued my series on close-ups of wall textures. This week, I tried to focus on a specific type of wall--concrete. Whether there was moss, peeling paint, discoloration, weeds,  etc. I wanted to capture them all to incorporate the different characteristics of the walls while also showing show unique the textures and features were. I wanted to reach a picture that was abstract and had an artistry feeling to it while also showing that although it is simply a wall, it possesses many interesting and unique features. In order to boost the abstract look and enhance the textures, I continued to make the photos in black and white with more contrast.

4 comments:

  1. All of the images in this set work so well together! They all have a really similar quality that makes each of them work well with the next. I love the black and white and all the contrast. It's just interesting to look at each image and see all the fine details that make it unique. Good job! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina! Good job this week! All of your photos work well together and your photos set a mood when I look at it. The cracks and the flakes on the walls look really good and cool. I never really notice them until I look at your images. I love how they are all in black and white, it makes the image look more dramatic. Great work and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work sabrina! i really like your first and fifth photos. it was good that you focused in on more specific details, creating a sort of pattern or an illusion of a gradient. you clearly improved from a few weeks ago!! GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work! I like how you focused on small details, and the patterns they make. using black and white really helps highlight the details.Good job!

    ReplyDelete