Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Personal Series 2









Assignment 16: Continuation of personal series. This week we were supposed to continue our work on our personal series, mine being different walls close-up. I tried to improve this week by focusing on more specific aspects of wall textures. I wanted to go for more abstract, painterly, quirky, and imperfect pictures rather than uniform walls and textures with nothing special. I looked for a lot of imperfections such as cracks, drips, discolorations, and writing on the wall and kept away from plain bricks or perfect walls. Additionally, I payed more attention to the editing and upped the contrast a little to help enhance the textures and imperfections of the walls. I kept them all in black in white (again) to reduce the distraction of color and to keep the focus on the wall's texture/imperfections/artistic/classy feel.

9 comments:

  1. Sabrina, again I love your batch of photos this week. I like how you kept everything the same color and I like how you focused on texture of the walls. I like edited each photo to make every crack and line more defined. Good job and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice set of photos Sabrina! I like how you zoomed in so that when you took the photo, the details of the different textures stand out. My favorite is your ninth photo because it is the only one with a message in it. I also like how all of your photos are in black and white, making your set flow well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work this week! I love all of your photos :)
    I love all of the textures in each of the images. This is a really strong cohesive set of images especially because they are all in black and white. This set is a bit more cohesive than last week, which is a great improvement. A few of the images are bit similar, but when you look closely the detail is very different. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all your photos! I really like your series in general. This batch was really awesome. The way you capture the different walls almost seems as if you are telling their story. Good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabrina,
    Great set! I think that this set has several improvements over the last one. The use of black and white is really strong, and the texture and the outlines on the wall really are more noticeable. The last one is my favorite. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabrina,
    Amazing job this set is amazing i didn't know how much you could do with wall textures! I really liked what you did with the black and white. My personnel favorite photo is the one with the crack in the wall. overall great job keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh sabrina these are rly good! i like how dramatic and contrasted they are. you should stick sith black and white for sure. great improvement! i can't wait to see what you post next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are really awesome photos Sabrina! I love how emphasized the textures are in the photos thanks to the black and white filter. Maybe next week you could focus on one specific texture and experiment with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos this week! i love how you highlight the textures of the of the surface. the black and white really helps.

    ReplyDelete